Healthy Eating week commenced on Monday 12th June 2017 and has been a major success due to a range of fun filled events and activities which have encouraged us all to eat more healthily, drink more water and become more active.
Primary and Year 8 planted baby tomatoes and rocket which was used to go on top of the pizza for Friday’s Big Lunch. A big thank you to Miss Dain and Miss Curry who have made this week a great success.
Each class enjoyed the following;
Year 3 and 4
- Making healthy food such as banana bread – never made it before and it is quite nice
- Enjoy the skipping challenge – it is quite active
Year 5 and 6
- Enjoyed the HE and skipping challenge
- It is good to be healthy and making good choices
- Enjoyed the different events everyday
- Have more whole school events linked to healthy eating
Year 7 and 8
- Help to understand why it is important to keep healthy
- Ways to eat healthier, homemade fruit ice-cream instead of shop bought chocolate ice-cream
By Tara, Lincoln, Barry and Freddie