At Knockloughrim there is a House Point System which is in line with the national Focus system.
How to Earn House Points:
- Lessons – 10 per lesson with 5-10 points to be added or deducted for behaviour, attitude to learning, quality of work, etc.
- Attendance – 100 additional points for full 1/2 term attendance, 250 for full year attendance
- Weekly recognition postcards – 20 additional house points per pupil
- Pupil of the month – 50 additional house points per pupil per subject
- Head Teacher’s award – 200 house points per pupil
- House matches – 250 points for a win, 100 for a draw
- One-off events – points to be determined depending on the nature of the event – eg. House Quiz, Collecting Coppers, Sport Relief, School Debate etc.